Life is full of choices???

Life to me is a car journey, one big fat long journey. 



Full of choices as we make our way to the final destination, forks in the road, with plenty of wrong turns and dead ends.

Some of those roads lead to fantastic journeys, and lovely days to create memories from.

Some of those roads seem to go on endlessly boring and all the same with nothing great to look at or forward too.

Some of those roads are wonderful yellow brick roads, the ones we dream of, a happy ending and all will be just perfect, so we can have the life we strive for.

We have the little street roads making tiny choices every day, what to eat? where to go? what to do?

We have hobby roads too - for me at the moment, what to knit/ crochet? What Pattern? What yarn? even what needles?

We have lots of A roads too, what friends we choose or those that remain acquaintances?  How much time is spent with family and friends or on our own? Do we go that extra mile for people or do we not get involved - generally what would make life easier?

Then we have the more complex navigational roads, a little more taxing, you know the type I mean, the ones with the big round-a-bouts, you go around and around trying to decide which way to go and then you just have to get off, take a Leap (exit) of faith and go with a choice. What do we do to earn money? Have a career or have a job?  Work all the hours we can or spend more time at home with less money? What do we want out of our work, easy street or something more stretching?

I have always said that although we think that we are making these choices, our lives are mapped out from day one. The choices we make were always the choices we were going to make, even if we think differently. All predetermined.

Take me for instance - no matter what I have done in life - I always get drawn back into caring, looking after people. (I did want to be a nurse in the RAF, but circumstances did not allow for that).

When I was 13 my very first work experience week was working in a care home.
I then had children very young and stayed at home  with them until they reached school age, where I then went into school as a mealtime assistant and adult helper. Looking after children.
I worked as a PA for a while for a youth offenders rehabilitation Scheme, trying to change young peoples lives and putting them on a career path to better their lives.
I trained as a nursery nurse, I have done home help.

Even during 10 years as a craft demonstrator, I was pulled towards teaching and chatting with older ladies, making sure they were happy over tea and biscuits.

In my current job of retail I am pulled towards helping the older customers, helping them with their shopping and packing their bags, making sure the bags are not to heavy and they can manage, whilst I can do my job well, I cannot see me doing it for the rest of my working life.

I feel myself being drawn back into the caring field, and I am contemplating going back to work in a care home. I am at my happiest looking after people who need it.

So for me I am predetermined to be a Care worker/ Nurse / Health Care assistant.

May be airy fairy for some - but its the only way I can explain it.

***********

Side note, I think I have rambled enough now oops!, so will post the intended post on knitting and finished projects later this week. 








Comments