Friday, 2 August 2013

Might just be finding my mojo!

Posted by tracy watkiss at 08:57

I know don't, tell anyone as it may go into hiding again.

I have not been feeling the love for crafting at all lately.

As a diehard stamper and general crafter for nearly 12 years now, things started to feel a little stale.

Nothing really new has come onto the market to wow me! A stamp is a stamp is a stamp. A die is a die is a die. Do you know what I mean? How many different papers can you possibly justify having.

But this week, we had another sad incident, not going into it as I have decided to try to post a happy post for a change LOL!!

I digress this incident saw me being indoors a lot being there for my husband, and I wandered upto my craft space and sat.

The first day I just sat and sighed, and looked around at my stash, pulled out the guillotine a piece of paper, made a cut and nothing came no juices flowed.

Second day, up I went again, and thought mmm! Anything but a card! So I set to making a mini album, and I made a template of it. Surprise surprise, I loved it. So a workshop for September was born.

 

 

Inspired I went on, now I know it's only August but my mind turned to December, we always do unusual workshops and makes for December in the shop and I happily played, with a piece of chipboard and some hooks from B&Q. October workshop planned.

 

My mind is racing at the moment with a few other makes, and the beauty is although I cannot be in my shop :-( I can work from home and feel like I am not letting anybody down.

(I put so much pressure on myself - my daughter sums me up as a people pleaser. I have to say yes to everybody regardless, I feel if I say I cannot do something people won't like me anymore).

So this week I learnt, I may not be in the shop as I am comforting my husband, but to be honest I have done more work for the shop in these two days, than I would normally get done all week actually being in. Go Figure. More to the point being out of a shop full of craft stash looking at it all and getting overwhelmed what to do, being away with limited supplies made my creativity kick in.

Long may it continue.

 

2 comments:

Cards by Alison said...

Ooh Tracy let me know when you do the class for this one as I would love to have a go. Glad your mojo has returned. Sorry to miss you in the shop today, hope to see you soon. Love Alison xx

Debbie X said...

Oh Tracy I do hope you are okay! So love to see your creations!
Sending lots of (((hugs)))
Debbie xxx

 

Mama said there'll be ----- Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Make Money from Zazzle|web hosting