Okay this tutorial has taken me a while to put together, time has been a premium these last couple of weeks, so I do hope you can follow along.
If not please feel free to ask questions.
Okay first up you will need
2 pieces of chipboard / Kraft card 6" x 6"
1 piece of chipboard / Kraft card 6" x 2"
1 Piece of white printer card 6" x 6"
NB: I have used different colour tapes just to help you see where to put the tape.
1) take the 6" x 2" piece as shown
2) Tape up
3) stick centrally onto white card
4) tape up
5) Place and stick 6" x 6" kraft card as shown leaving a 1/4" gap from spine
6) Repeat on other side
7) turn this constructed piece over and tape as shown.
You will now need
1 piece of decorative paper for the spine 8" x 4"
2 pieces of decorative paper 8" x 8" for the covers
Washi tape or ribbon
1) Take your decorative spine paper and stick as shown making sure to place it as central as possible.
2) now stick on your decorative paper for the covers onto either side,
just slightly overlapping spine paper by 1/4".
3) If using washi tape or ribbon adhere in place now to hide the join of the papers.
4) turn over again, and tape and cut corners as shown.
5) peel away DST backing and fold paper in and stick down
Put the outer album to one side.
We will now make the spine to attach pages to later on.
You will need a piece of decorative paper 12" wide x 5 3/4" high.
Score down 12" width at 1 1/8" in from left edge. Then from this line score across the width in a pattern of, 1/2", 1/2",1/4",1/2",1/2",1/4" repeat till you are 1 1/8" from the right hand edge.
1) On the back of this piece we will then tape up the first 1/2" gap of each repeat
2) Your 12" x 5 3/4" piece of paper will look like this on the back
3) Peel away backing of tape, and fold 1/2" section onto themselves
your piece will now look like this
Each of the little peaks need to have double side placed on either side,
Sorry you can just see it in the photo below,
this is ready to attach the pages in later, but first we need to put it into our album
1) turn over and tape as shown, lots of tape is essential.
2) this now needs to be placed inside our base album,
making sure to take care it is placed even and dead centre, left, right, top and bottom,
the page peeks fitting nicely onto the 2" spine Kraft card.
3) Take 2 pieces of matching cardstock 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" and adhere to inside covers.
This is your base album almost complete, all you need to do now is create the pages,
I have used 8 x 5 3/4" x 5 3/4 inch scalloped cards for mine.
1) cut each card in half on the score line.
Then tape one piece as shown, and stick a matching piece on top. Repeat for the rest of the card pieces.
We leave the straight edge open to attach to the peeks of our spine, and the top scallops open to leave a pocket for a tag.
Optional step: if you want an additional pocket, take another 4 scalloped cards, cut in half down the spine and then each half piece, in half again across the middle, you will have 16 pieces as pictured below.
Tape sides and bottom and attach to either side of your pages at the bottom.
Now to assemble in the album, take double sided tape off of either side of your peaks, open up straight edge of pages and place peak in between and press down.
Repeat with each page, it is easier if you decorate the pages as you go.
My finished album
The one I have created would be great for cupcake recipes and other bakes.
I have used Dove crafts cupcake boutique range for my example.
Would make a great memory album though all grungy and distressed.
I hope you understand my instructions and enjoy making this album.
Please be kind to link to my tutorial if you share your makes on your blogs,
and give me a shout as I would love to see what you make.