learning curve.

I am enjoying my journey of learning to make tote bags and handbags.

Yesterdays was a bit of a going to have mare to be honest, and not sure of the overall finish but I know my mum will love it, as it is going to be her Mothers day present.



It was my first time using a walking foot, and My first use of faux leather and suede. My machine decided it was going to have a hissy fit right at the end when I was doing the  top stitching. GRRR!

I adapted the pattern to include a zipper and a side detachable shoulder strap.

I bought my Fabrics in a local Haberdashery that sells remnants,

but the Minerva Crafts sold most of the interfacing I used which I have linked below:


H250 Medium Interfacing

Vilene H 640 Iron on fusible fleece

decovil stabiliser

Hardware

Swivel clasp for shoulder strap

D rings

Rivets to secure


I am hoping my skills improve over time, but as this was my very first heavy weight handbag I am quite happy with it.

Comments